Fives North American Combustion, Inc., was established in 1917 in Cleveland, Ohio and is a world leader in industrial combustion systems solutions. Fives North American Combustion’s parent company, The Fives Group, is an industrial engineering group which designs and supplies process equipment and plant facilities to major industrial players throughout the world. Headquartered in Paris, France Fives provides integrated process solutions to the aluminum, steel, cement, glass, sugar and automotive markets. We are committed to new product development as well as our ongoing engineering, designing, and manufacturing of a wide range of industrial products including: burners, blowers, valves, regulators, flame safety systems, burner and furnace controls, and automatic edge and center guiding systems. Fives North American Combustion, Inc. serves a diverse set of industries including: Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Forging, Gypsum, Glass, Brick, Paper, Heat Treat, Ceramics, Tire and Rubber, and Air Heating. Fives North American Combustion has a strong global presence through the efforts of our direct sales force, subsidiaries, international distributors and licensees. Our headquarters is in Cleveland, Ohio where we support business operations, research and development, engineering, inside sales, and manufacturing.
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance. This position is located in Birmingham, Alabama.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes and control all HR activities, while participating in developing goals, objectives and systems. Evaluates all systems and recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency and services.
- Develops, recommends and implements employee policies and procedures; updates, revises employee handbook.
- Establishes and maintains personnel records and reports; ensures compliance with all personnel regulations regarding employee files; establishes and maintains security of employee data.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all employees; conducts new employee orientations; implements and monitors career path program, employee relations counseling, and exit interviews; writes and places advertisements.
- Acts as Management’s liaison with the workforce and fosters continuing and ongoing excellent employee/management relations; recommends common sense and equitable solutions to employee problems; anticipates and advises management of potential employee related problems.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action programs, as required; promotes equal opportunity in the workforce on a regular and consistent basis; stays abreast of EEO regulatory changes and monitors the work place for deviations and/or EEO related problems.
- Administers the compensation program and; monitors the performance evaluation program and job descriptions and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Provides training and development opportunities for all levels of employees.
- Works closely with all managers and supervisors to establish rapport and ensure consistency in all personal-type decisions; acts as mediator in any conflict or dispute situations that may arise between employees as any level, arbitrates same and recommends appropriate solutions, as necessary, to all concerned parties and to the Director of Human Resources, who has final dispute decision making authority.
- Interpret and apply State and Federal government procedures, policies, guidelines, rules and regulations; select applicable guidelines and regulations to different situations.
- Responsible for benefits administration, open enrollment, COBRA, Workers’ Compensation, and FMLA administration
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred; PHR certification preferred
- A minimum of 2-4 years of well-rounded HR Generalist experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required
- Broad general knowledge of all areas of day to day Human Resources administration, including compensation, benefits, employee and labor relations, employment laws and compliance, HRIS
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience processing payroll for employees
- Knowledge of all federal, state, and local laws governing employment compliance
- Proven experience in recruitment and onboarding to support all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adapt in accordance with ever-changing deadlines
KEY BEHAVIORAL TRAITS FOR SUCCESS
- Commitment to Task: Able to take responsibility for actions and outcomes and persist despite obstacles; give dedication to the position; demonstrate dependability in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talk with internal / external customers; listen well.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving: Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even while dealing with emotional topics; review facts and weigh options.
- Policies, Processes, & Procedures: Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in crisis situations; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and constructively conform to unwritten rules or practices.
- Tolerance of Ambiguity: Able to withhold actions or speech in the absence of important information; deal with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
Lieu de l’offre
Birmingham, Alabama, États-Unis
Type de poste
CDI Temps plein
Nom de la société
Fives North American Combustion Corp