* Analyzes production specifications to determine process flows/routings, labour and materiel requirements.
* Plans and schedules workflow according to previously established sequences and lead times.
* Coordinates, monitors and expedites the movement of parts, supplies and materiel within and between cells/business units to ensure that supplies, materiel and products are shipped and received on schedule.
* Revises and reschedules production to compensate for rush order priorities, materiel shortages, vendors’ failure to deliver and/or customer priority changes.
* Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
* Coordinates back-ordered parts list to expedite and secure shipping dates.
* Acts as a liaison between production, purchasing, shipping, receiving and management to procure materiel and ensure a smooth flow of production.
* Advises management of the status of work in progress, materiel availability and routine production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materiel and services are provided as needed.
* Prepares and maintains various reports on the progress of work, materiel used, rates of production and other production information, using manual or computerized systems.
* Performs material handling functions.
* Identifies and initiates improvements to production process flows.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out special projects as assigned.
* Good planning, organizational, analytical, decision making, interpersonal, negotiation, oral and written communication skills. Required
* Thorough knowledge of production management computer systems. Desired
* Working knowledge of PC’s in the current company operating system environment. Required
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Enrolled in APICS, CPIM, or equivalent program. Desired
* Experience in production planning and scheduling. Desired
* Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.